AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I add the average value of two layers into a hexagon layer?

Question asked by riad.lilipaly on May 30, 2019
Latest reply on May 31, 2019 by Dan_Patterson

Hi all, 

I'm trying to map two ecosystem services for my thesis. In short: Local Climate Regulation is an ecosystem service society benefits from. There is a supply and demand for this service that i'm trying to map. Different land cover classes have been assigned values (0 low demand/supply - 5 very high demand/supply) to map them. Both Demand and Supply maps have been attached to this question for a better picture. For example one land cover class, lets say Urban Areas, can have a demand value of 5 and supply value 0. Urban green areas have a demand value of 2 and supply of 2. When subtracting the demand values from the supply, you get the overall budget map (attachment 3). 

What I am trying to do now is to add a top hexagon layer, with the average value of the two layers in one hexagon (attachment 4). As you can see in the 4th attachment (capture.JPG), one hexagon can have multiple polygons in them, all with different values. How can I average the values in the multiple polygons inside the Hexagon and add that to that hexagon? I have the equation to average the different polygons. Hope someone can help me out.

Best, 

Riad 

Outcomes