Unsure if Survey123 can work for this application - help?

05-28-2019 04:34 PM
LS1
by
New Contributor III

I'm new to Survey123 and need to find out if this can be helpful for the following application:

We have teams at 20+ sites who hand out supplies over a weekend. They first need to inventory what they have on their truck and report discrepancies. In the past, they have used an Excel spreadsheet to check their inventory then call in to report missing items or extra items from a different site. Can Survey123 be used to eliminate the paper spreadsheet and only return the missing or extra items? I could preload the form with the inventory that they should have and ask them to confirm each item but I don't want to upload all the inventory that was confirmed. We only need the discrepancies to dispatch and correct the problems before people show up to pick up their supplies. We could also barcode the items if that would expediate the process and/or reduce errors.  Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lisa,

Survey123 should be able to create a form for this workflow that could meet your operation.  That being said, the particular implementation might be dependent on how you store the items in the table and how the number and types of items might change from inventory to inventory.  

0 Kudos