Integrating Real-Time data in ArcGIS online

05-28-2019 01:18 PM
CristinaBenzo
New Contributor

Hello everyone!

I am currently working with a remote monitoring system that gathers data from an anemometer, and would like to know if there's any way I can link that data to a map in ArcGIS online so the information is continually updated. The information is coming from a Raspberry Pi, any way I can send that information through an IoT system, or directly into an ArcGIS map? I am not using an ArcGIS server, just ArcGIS online.

Thank you!

Cristina B.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DawnWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Dear Cristina - I have forwarded your technical question to several of the related ArcGIS Online groups in GeoNet, and hopefully they will get back to you very soon with an answer!

------
Dawn Wright (she/her/hers), Ph.D. & GISP | Esri Chief Scientist
CristinaBenzo
New Contributor

Thank you very much Dawn!

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Christina,

> ... if there's any way I can link that data to a map in ArcGIS online so the information is continually updated ... I am not using an ArcGIS server, just ArcGIS online.

It is possible to add data feeds to a web map in ArcGIS Online, but currently you will need ArcGIS Enterprise and GeoEvent Server. Please see this StoryMap for more details,

How to map real time data

FYI, there is a new product coming soon that will support real-time data feeds as a cloud solution,

ArcGIS Analytics for IoT | Map Your Internet of Things 

Hope this helps,