update arcgis api

Jump to solution
05-24-2019 12:59 AM
Robertvan_Gilst
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've installed ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3 and want to upgrade arcgis api to 1.6.1 but I am not able to get the version higher than 1.5.3. using

conda upgrade -c esri arcgis

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers.

Robert

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I had to update the api from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0 to resolve a bug. Esri supposed suggested the following methodology to update my ArcGIS Pro 2.3 installation.

First, clone the python environment in ArcGIS Pro. Under the Project tab, click Python and "Manage Environments". In the dialog, select Clone Default and when that is complete, make the clone active.

Next, open the Python Command prompt and use the command

conda install arcgis --no-pin

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I had to update the api from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0 to resolve a bug. Esri supposed suggested the following methodology to update my ArcGIS Pro 2.3 installation.

First, clone the python environment in ArcGIS Pro. Under the Project tab, click Python and "Manage Environments". In the dialog, select Clone Default and when that is complete, make the clone active.

Next, open the Python Command prompt and use the command

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you have full control over your machine, there is no need to clone

/blogs/dan_patterson/2018/12/28/clone 

0 Kudos
KimberlyMcCarty
Esri Contributor

Ken is correct, use either of the following commands within the Python Command Prompt to upgrade the arcgis module to 1.6.1:

conda upgrade arcgis --no-pin

Dan is also correct that you do not need to create a cloned environment IF you have administrative privileges on the computer. Many of our users do not have administrative privileges so we recommend creating the cloned environment that they will have access to manage. We also recommend creating the cloned environment so that the default does not become corrupted.

However if you do want to update the default arcgispro-py3 environment, run the Python Command Prompt as Administrator and run one of the above commands.

Robertvan_Gilst
New Contributor III

Thank you Ken.

This did solve my upgrade issue.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Glad to help. Please remember to click the "Mark Correct" button on the response that best answered your question.

0 Kudos