Run an analysis in GeoAnalytics and update an existing feature layer

05-22-2019 11:34 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm working with GeoAnalytics 10.6.1 and I'm trying to run the aggregation points tool using some data registered as a big data file share. The tool asks me to provide the Result layer name to generate a new feature layer.

The generated feature layer will be shared with others persons in the organization. The data is updated regularly and I should execute the aggregate points tool after each update. However, when I do so it only allows me to create a new feature layer, noway to update the same feature layer.

Is there I way to update the first generated feature layer?

Thanks

Zakaria

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi Zakaria Douiri‌,

No, there isn't a way to update the existing layer. 

Depending on what type of results you are looking for, you could use the Append tool to append a new result to the existing one. Another potential workflow is using the ArcGIS API for Python to automate deletion of the existing layer before rerunning analysis - but you won't be able to maintain your feature service URL or portal ID - but could update with the new one using the ArcGIS API for Python. 

We are looking into ways to support this updating an existing layer in the future. For this workflow, is it important that the portal item is the same as before, the feature service URL, or both?

Thanks,

Sarah

Product Engineer, GeoAnalytics

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sarah Ambrose‌,

Yes it is because the layer will be added in a web map and shared with clients. We can't modify the web map each time after each update.

Thanks

Zakaria