Trouble getting username from Inbox survey

05-21-2019 05:58 PM
LarryWiebe
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I have created a basic survey that collects a few values.  I have a username question in the survey to record who is entering the data. 

Inbox is enabled so that I can go and QA/update the data as required.  I want to read the username of the person who opened the survey from the inbox, I have tried property(username') to get it, but it returns the original submitter name.

Not sure what else there is?

Thanks,

Larry

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Larry,

Jus too check, the field you are recording the username is filled in on the initial submittal of the survey, correct?  If that is the case, then the behavior of calculations loading from the Inbox is to preserve the original data.  You should be able to see who last edited the form using the editor tracking fields, however.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LarryWiebe,

Just letting you know we have recently updated the 3.14 beta builds on the Early Adopter Community and the next release will include major improvements to the expression calculation engine, new calculation modes, improvements to loading relevant questions and repeats, and other fixes to repeats, nested repeats and repeat count. With these improvements we see faster loading surveys, increased stability, less crashes and ability to optimize calculation workflows.

The issue you reported above with username fields not being updated when opening an existing survey from Inbox (for editing) can now be resolved using the new calculation modes with the with latest 3.14 beta builds. You can set the calculation to always run, even if there are existing values.

Please refer to this blog post for more details: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/arcgis-survey123-3-14-beta-is-now-available-for/...

Direct link to EAC announcement: https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/article/item.html?cap=e69ef91f45744b98882c651f7b518eb7&arttype...

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos