Is Zonal statistics included with student trial?

Jump to solution
05-21-2019 06:07 AM
kaitlynsjonn
New Contributor

I recently installed the ArcGIS for Desktop student trial. The main application I would like to use is the Zonal Statistics tool. When I select this tool, I get a message stating that I do not have the license  to use it. My question is: is this caused by an error in installation, or does the student trial not include a license for Spatial analysis/Zonal statistics?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kaitlyn,

The Zonal Statistics tools require a Spatial Analyst license. The tools themselves are installed with ArcMap, but the license actually allows us to use them.

I believe a student trial license comes with a license for all extensions including Spatial Analyst, so it's possible we just need to toggle on the Spatial Analyst license in ArcMap. 

Let's try this:

• In ArcMap, click the Customize menu and select Extensions...
  • In the Extensions window, toggle on Spatial Analyst
  • Close the Extensions window.

Does the tool open now? If not, there are a few other things to check, but I'm hoping that's all we need to do!

Fingers crossed!

-Lauren

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kaitlyn,

The Zonal Statistics tools require a Spatial Analyst license. The tools themselves are installed with ArcMap, but the license actually allows us to use them.

I believe a student trial license comes with a license for all extensions including Spatial Analyst, so it's possible we just need to toggle on the Spatial Analyst license in ArcMap. 

Let's try this:

• In ArcMap, click the Customize menu and select Extensions...
  • In the Extensions window, toggle on Spatial Analyst
  • Close the Extensions window.

Does the tool open now? If not, there are a few other things to check, but I'm hoping that's all we need to do!

Fingers crossed!

-Lauren