Mosaic with dim color

Jump to solution
05-21-2019 07:18 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

The last time I have done in mosaic dataset was a few years ago at NRCS.

Now I forgot how to fix this issue..

what I was trying to do is mosaic these 6 different TIFF into one dataset..

Now I circled this area that needs fixing..

How do I do get that fix ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

It appears you have set the Resolve Overlap to Mean which is averaging all pixel values. Set Resolve Overlap to First. Then run BuildFootprints using Radiometry and ensure in the mosaic dataset properties that clip to footprint is set. What you want to do is change the footprints so that they go along or just inside the map data. There are a lot of capabilities for working with such scanned maps. For example you can set the mosaic dataset up so that you see a seamless mosaic of all the maps by default, but on selecting a single map you can get to see specific map with legend. For details see http://doc.arcgis.com/en/imagery/workflows/resources/managing-scanned-maps.htm

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterBecker
Esri Regular Contributor

It appears you have set the Resolve Overlap to Mean which is averaging all pixel values. Set Resolve Overlap to First. Then run BuildFootprints using Radiometry and ensure in the mosaic dataset properties that clip to footprint is set. What you want to do is change the footprints so that they go along or just inside the map data. There are a lot of capabilities for working with such scanned maps. For example you can set the mosaic dataset up so that you see a seamless mosaic of all the maps by default, but on selecting a single map you can get to see specific map with legend. For details see http://doc.arcgis.com/en/imagery/workflows/resources/managing-scanned-maps.htm

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hi Peter,

Thank you. It has been a long time since I last used.. Thanks..

Better ? I tried to follow your instructed but there might be one missing am I ?

0 Kudos