Drive Interaction FROM Map TO Side Panel

05-20-2019 06:54 AM
JohnWolf1
New Contributor

I have a very simple question:

Can I drive the interactive experience from the main stage map to the side panel?

I need to click on a map note icon, receive a popup and then display information in the left side panel. That is, I do not want to use the side panel as the primary means of navigating points of interest on my map.

This example is what I want:

National Geographic Eden Walk Milestones

It would use the Stage Map interaction of the Short List template while retaining the scrolling side panel  features of the Map Journal Template.

I have zero HTML coding experience, and I am currently stuck as how to do this. I have read the Cooper Thomas tutorial here, but I don't want to import layer data from ARCMap. The end result will be used as a stand-alone application that I needs to be accessible to non-computer savvy people. It is far easier tot each someone how to place map notes and link panel content  then to require they have a seat of ArcMap and export the layer data themselves.

From the looks of it Story Maps looks like a companion product to ArcGIS and not a stand-alone application, so I may be fighting against the software a bit here.

0 Kudos
0 Replies