Can I trace a line feature in Collector?

05-17-2019 07:26 AM
PaulMcChesney
New Contributor II

Does anyone know if it is possible to trace a line in collector?

This would be slightly different than Trace Downstream,  I may not even be asking the correct question

For example,  Say I have a pipeline feature,  and I want to change the coating between two points.

Could I position my begin and end points,  and then select the between section to modify (essentially the tabular data)?

Thanks,

Paul 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paul,

> For example,  Say I have a pipeline feature,  and I want to change the coating between two points. ... Could I position my begin and end points,  and then select the between section to modify (essentially the tabular data)?

I'm not clear on what you're asking above. Did you want to select an existing line feature, then edit its attribute(s)? Yes, this is possible with Collector for ArcGIS.

Or is your workflow more complicated, for example - you select a line feature, then define a start and an end point (to select a segment of the line feature), then edit an attribute for just the line segment? If yes, then this is not possible in Collector.

FYI, Collector for ArcGIS Help | Downloads, Tutorials & Documentation 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
PaulMcChesney
New Contributor II

Derek, thanks for your reply. My workflow was to be the more complicated of the two. Thank you for your link.

We’re discussing how to asbuilt coating, and other pipeline features from cutouts and relocations in the field, so you have given me exactly what I needed.

Thanks,

Paul