Popup alert when webmap has a new save date

Jump to solution
05-18-2019 06:43 AM
KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

when using web mapping applications, build with the WebApp Builder, on different clients at the same time, changes at the web map (e.g. new layer is added to the webmap) will occur first, then the web mapping application would be reloaded by the user, 

How can I create a widget, that shows the user to reload the web mapping application to get the changes on the web map without long delay?

Thanks for your advices,

Karsten

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Other than polling, i can only think of the new webhook

Depending on the version and platform, if you are lucky enough to be on 10.7 or planning to move to 10.7, there is the option of a portal web hook (I have not use this and cannot confirm exactly what action will trigger the event)?

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/create-and-manage-webhooks.htm

"The item properties that can be updated vary between item types, and there are unique actions that trigger the /update operation. For example, if the item is a web map, updating the tag, configuring a pop-up, or changing the basemap are all update events that will trigger the webhook.

The following table lists the trigger events for supported portal items, which include web maps, web apps, layers, packages, PDF documents, and so on:"

And from there build a widget that subscribe to the event on the server.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Other than polling, i can only think of the new webhook

Depending on the version and platform, if you are lucky enough to be on 10.7 or planning to move to 10.7, there is the option of a portal web hook (I have not use this and cannot confirm exactly what action will trigger the event)?

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/create-and-manage-webhooks.htm

"The item properties that can be updated vary between item types, and there are unique actions that trigger the /update operation. For example, if the item is a web map, updating the tag, configuring a pop-up, or changing the basemap are all update events that will trigger the webhook.

The following table lists the trigger events for supported portal items, which include web maps, web apps, layers, packages, PDF documents, and so on:"

And from there build a widget that subscribe to the event on the server.

KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you for the answer. I will create a webhook in a few days!

0 Kudos