Why do I get "Provided token does not have permission to subscribe" after restart?

05-16-2019 05:22 AM
PeterGrüninger
New Contributor II

I'm using GeoEvent-Server with a StreamService.

GeoEvent-Server ist federated with Portal.

I can successfully publish StreamServices and use them in Portal.

Nevertheless, everytime I restart GeoEventServer StreamServices aren't accessible any longer. In the log-File (karaf.log) you can see (among many other stuff) the following error-messages:

p965815353-923 | StreamContainer | 27 - com.esri.arcgis.discovery.arcgis-stream-container - 10.6.1 | Provided token does not have permission to subscribe.
Line 14443: 2019-05-16T14:01:50,949 | ERROR | qtp965815353-99 | StreamContainer | 27 - com.esri.arcgis.discovery.arcgis-stream-container - 10.6.1 | Provided token does not have permission to subscribe.
Line 14844: 2019-05-16T14:01:51,415 | ERROR | qtp965815353-923 | StreamContainer | 27 - com.esri.arcgis.discovery.arcgis-stream-container - 10.6.1 | Provided token does not have permission to subscribe.
Line 15154: 2019-05-16T14:01:51,660 | ERROR | qtp965815353-922 | StreamContainer | 27 - com.esri.arcgis.discovery.arcgis-stream-container - 10.6.1 | Provided token does not have permission to subscribe.

After republising the service with option "overwrite" they start working again.

This leads me to the following question: 

• Where does the token come from?
  • ... where is it stored?
  • ... and why do the services get corrupted after restart?
  • ... why isn't a new token obtained automatically? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MattFoster
New Contributor

Morning, for anyone who bumps into this issue, check your stream service is shared correctly. By default when publishing from the stream service it doesn't get shared.
Once I shared to everyone (offline development environment in my case) the errors stopped appearing.

Good luck,

Matt

0 Kudos
DuongHB
New Contributor III

We got same error "Provided token does not have permission to subscribe". 

Sharing public to everyone not work.

I found a token is used when wss subscribed.

The service was published using a member account (with admin privilege) . We try to change to publish using initial portal admin account and it works!

0 Kudos
RoxaneParadis
New Contributor

We encountered the same issue with GeoEvent Server version 11.1, even when publishing the services with the primary administrator account.

After numerous tests, we discovered that moving/creating the stream service in a folder other than 'root' caused the problem. We received the following error in the logs (karaf.log).

RoxaneParadis_0-1689792672202.png

Therefore, we moved all the services back to the 'admin/root' folder.

Subsequently, the following error appeared for all our services using the 'store latest' option:

(index):150 [esri.layers.graphics.sources.connections.GeoEventConnection] websocket-connection WebSocket closed unexpectedly with error code 1011.

For these stream services, a restart of GeoEvent Server allowed us to restore everything

0 Kudos