How to open widget inside a popup

05-13-2019 11:33 PM
webappbuilder5
New Contributor

hi robert,

I have doubt,when we click widget button is it possible to open the widget in popup instead of panel,please let me know anything about this.

thanks

Tarun

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Not possible as far as i know if it is a build in widget. However if it is a custom widget you have written, there is nothing stopping you from setting inpanel to false in the manifest file. Then implement your own html panel.

webappbuilder5
New Contributor

Thanks for support victor,you solution will not satisfy my requirement.

My requirement is to open custom widget in popup,instead of panel,please let me know any thing regarding this.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

As Victor already mentioned. It is not possible with a standard in panel widget.

0 Kudos
webappbuilder5
New Contributor

Thank you for your response,
Is there any possibility of opening custom widget in popup window ,please suggest.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sorry I have never attempted that so I do not know.

0 Kudos
LeoLiu1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tarun,

You probably can configure a feature action for your custom widget? 

https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/guide/create-a-feature-action-in-your-widget.htm

0 Kudos
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Are you referring to windows popup? if windows popup then you can always call windows.open in your widget.js. However interaction between a child window and parent window can be a real pain.

May I ask whats the reason you would want a widget in a html window and not a dojo panel?

0 Kudos