ArcGIS Explorer Pop-up

05-13-2019 11:30 AM
MarcoPeppucci
New Contributor

Hi all,

i have a question about the App "ArcGIS Explorer".

I created the Web Map in ArcGIS Online and i set the pop-up of the feature.
After entering an hyperlink in the pop-up, when i open the web map in the app ArcGIS Explorer
and click the feature to show the pop-up, i see the html code (<a href='https:..../>) insted of the name of
hyperlink.
I see the hyperlink only in the pop-up of the ArcGIS Online Web Map.

Why i cannot see the hyperlink in the pop-up of the App? How can i do this?

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Marco

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

One way to make links work in Explorer for ArcGIS is to use a "Custom Attribute Display Popup."  In my data I have a field that has website URLs

When I configure link in the popup I can use the website field.

In the Explorer popup the link will work.

Explorer will also automatically recognize HTTP and HTTPS strings as being links that can be clicked.

Also in a Custom Popup configuration, if your field attribute contains HTML the HTML will show in the popup.

Mark

0 Kudos
MarcoPeppucci
New Contributor

Understood Mark. I'll try it. Very kind!

Why in my screen of Explorer for ArcGIS i don't have "Directions", but only "Compass" and "Add to my places"? 

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

A couple potential reason for Directions to be missing

• On an Android device it only appears if Navigator for ArcGIS is available on the device.
  • Also, it will not appear if the Application Settings "Routing" is not enabled for the web map.

I a future release we hope to have it available if any Navigation app is available on device.

0 Kudos
MarcoPeppucci
New Contributor

Thank you very much Mark.

Sorry, but I have an another question about the pop up in Explorer.

How can i open an image in the custom pop up configuration when i click on it, with the photo viewer of the smartphone (as it happens in the "media" section of the classic pop up)?

I wouldn't want to set the link on the photo, but i'd like to open it with the photo viewer.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

0 Kudos