How to get back to the app after Signing In

05-13-2019 07:08 AM
GiatriLalla
New Contributor III

Good Day,

I want to use the OAuth + Biometric Authentication template as my application's sign in page whereby the user stays signed on where using the app. Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

The sample already does that. The trick is to have a registered client ID and have a redirect URL set to the native app. Register your app if you haven't already, and add your own redirect URI, or add urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob to use the hosted redirect page back to your app on ArcGIS Online. The urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob URI is also automatically set for any apps made and registered in AppStudio for ArcGIS Desktop Edition.

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/appstudio/create-apps/signyourapp.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_549220729B524C39A683336...

We have implemented that in the MapViewer OAuth2View.qml using the Runtime AuthenticationManager

Nakul

GiatriLalla
New Contributor III

I did this already however it is just taking me back to a Profile page. Thats it.

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, because this sample is what supposed to take you to the Profile page. You can add your logic to go to some other page.

0 Kudos