AnsweredAssumed Answered

Code 24011 - Layer's data source is not registered with the server and data will be copied to the server.

Question asked by jsmith331 on May 10, 2019
Latest reply on May 15, 2019 by jsmith331

I'm attempting to publish a feature service - the feature class is located in a file geodatabase within a registered folder. The error message I am getting is code 24011 and the description states "Layer's data source is not registered with the server and data will be copied to the server". When I attempt to publish the MXD ignoring the high level warning I get the following message "Packaging succeeded, but publishing failed. ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service. Please consult the GP Results Window for enhanced error description or contact your administrator for the server logs." When I attempt to register the data source I get the message "Folder is already registered with the server".

There are plenty of other feature classes in the same geodatabase in this MXD that will publish fine if I remove the one feature class that's causing these issues. There is only one geodatabase in List By Source so I know all feature classes are located in the same geodatabase.

Any ideas what's going on and how I can publish this feature service?

Outcomes