District Lookup Widget Search Bar Issues

05-09-2019 09:37 AM
deleted-user-1_r2dgYuILKY
Occasional Contributor III

When I add more than one search source to the district lookup widget, I can't type more than a couple of characters into the search bar before the dropdown arrow highlights. Even if I choose one of the search options, this behavior continues. I can't type in a full place name or address. This does not happen with the standard search bar widget. Anybody else having this issue? 

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Levi, 

This is a known issue and a bug was logged in to fix this just few weeks ago. We will fix this bug soon.

0 Kudos

Great! Thank you. 

One other thing I noticed is that when I type in an address, it does not zoom to this point, even though I've set the zoom level in the search settings. The Near Me widget does zoom in. 

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Levi,

Are you searching on your feature layer or geocoder? Are you using hosted feature service? If you have any publicly available app could you please share the link? I will be happy to take a look at it.

0 Kudos

I'm using a geocoder and one of our hosted featured services in the search. Is there a way to make it so that users don't have to choose which search source to use? I would like it to automatically search both. User's can either type in their address or the name of a facility.

Here's a copy of the app:

https://pdxschools.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=720ff9e5a47345c6af3bae3f159729f8

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Could you please share this app publicly? It is asking for user id and password. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Oops, sorry! Done.

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

No worries, Are you using ArcGIS world geocoder or your custom geocoder? If you are using custom geocoder, could you please check whether it has suggest capability enabled in the REST endpoint? 

0 Kudos

It's a custom geocoder and I have suggestions enabled. No suggestions come up when I start typing, though. 

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Levi, if your geocoder's suggestion works properly, as you type you should be able to see suggestions from your feature layer and the geocoder, something like this screenshot.

The zoom issue is a known issue in District Look Up as well and for that I am not sure about the timeline when it is going to be fixed.

0 Kudos