AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error 80042019

Question asked by jlhansen on May 9, 2019
Latest reply on May 9, 2019 by jlhansen

I'm assuming this is probably going to be a support call, but I thought I'd give it a try here first. If nothing else than to document for some other poor soul who gets caught up in this mess. Sit back and grab some popcorn. The short version is still pretty long.

We were beginning a database migration to new servers with new a new schema when the TLS security patch came out, so we decided to migrate to 10.3 first, then work on upgrading to the newest version with the new schema to give us time to make sure we didn't break anything.

Migrating our raster imagery was a complete mess. We had a lot of fits and starting over (NOTE: Do not edit your mosaic datasets in ArcGIS Pro if your users are still on ArcMap 10.3), and everything is finally in place and working except for one mosaic dataset.

  • The files for the imagery and the database are on the same server, which is what we had prior.
  • This is happening to a few of my image files, but not all of them.
  • Using one of the directories containing TIFs, I've tried
    • In a new mosaic dataset
      • Add Raster from the new server. This is where I get the following errors
        • 80042019: Could not build mosaic dataset item
        • 8004203f: Could not open source as a raster dataset
        • 80040213: Failed to open raster dataset
        • 8004205e1: 1 mosaic dataset could not be built
      • Add Raster from the old server. Works fine.
      • Copy raster from the old server to the new server following the same directory structure and add raster. I get the errors again.
      • Copy raster from the old server to the new server in a different directory and add raster. I get the errors again.
      • Copy that same raster from the new server back to the old server and I get the error messages again.
    • In the existing mosaic dataset
      • Repaired the path to the folder. Everything loads except one TIF which shows up as a checkerboard.
    • To the data, I've calculated statistics and built pyramids
    • Different data, I've got duplicate data in SID format. I've added those to a new mosaic dataset and get the errors from above. I'm not sure if it's the same section of data that is giving me a hard time in the TIFs.
  • The old server is running Windows Server 2008, SQL2008 and ArcGIS 10.1. The new server is running Windows Server 2012R2, SQL2012 and ArcGIS 10.3.1.

I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Outcomes