Custom widgets not available in ArcGIS Online???

Jump to solution
05-08-2019 03:37 PM
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

I am not sure if this is a question or a discussion. I have a whole bag full of questions (none of which really need answers), I guess I just need to vent or something...

You have got to be kidding me! I just spent a week developing a custom widget because I need one last piece of functionality in my web app that is not available in the built-in widgets.

Why? Am I missing something?

Why would I build a custom widget if I can not provide it to my users in ArcGIS Online?

Is ESRI trying to force us into Portal? Would custom widgets even work in Portal?

It looks like I need to somehow download my web app, add the custom widget to it, and host it on my web server. Is that the workflow?

I just don't get it! Plus, I do not need links to existing documentation. I have spent enough time trying to find answers in the documentation!

Thanks,

Janice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are no third party widgets allowed in ArcGIS Online Web AppBuilder due to security concerns. What you either have to do is use Portal or Web AppBuilder Developer Edition. If you use Developer Edition, then you will have to host the app on your own server.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are no third party widgets allowed in ArcGIS Online Web AppBuilder due to security concerns. What you either have to do is use Portal or Web AppBuilder Developer Edition. If you use Developer Edition, then you will have to host the app on your own server.