What's the best way to create an mmpk file to avoid errors?

05-08-2019 05:19 AM
RudyCharlot
New Contributor III

I keep getting error messages after creating an mmpk file to use for Navigator for ArcGIS. I believe I follow all the instructions on how to create an mmpk file, but I am still having problem with it.  Can someone help me please?

This is the instruction I am using: Make a map with all your own data—Navigator for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Thanks,

Rudy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Rudy Charlot‌,

Can you please provide some additional information? What is your input? Can you describe your workflow and tell us in which step you get which error message? For someone in this forum to be able to help this is crucial information.

Cheers,

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
RudyCharlot
New Contributor III

I am creating the mmpk file to use in Navigator for Sanitation routes. I have about 1,900 sanitation route points that I need to create the mmpk file for. Everything is pretty much set up except the mmpk that's holding me up. The error message says that "some of the files on the map have different coordinate location", but I am using only one point file.  The instruction on how to create the mmpk file gives other files to include on my map during the whole process, I know this that these files have different coordinate than mine. I believe that's the way to follow the instruction to create the mmpk file.  Please help if you think I should follow it in a better way.

Regards,

Rudy 

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Rudy,

This geonet post may also have some useful information https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro/blog/2018/01/20/use-arcgis-pro-21-t...

With regard to coordinate system it is best if all of your data in is the same coordinate system.  However, it is ok if operational (non-basemap) feature layers are in a different coordinate system from the map.

As best practice,  your network dataset should be in your basemap and the coordinate system of  the Map and Basemap layers should match the coordinate system of the network dataset.

Mark

0 Kudos