I am trying to calculate CVI(coastal vulnerability index)using 7 parameters. shoreline change rate,geomorphology,mean sea level rise, tidal range, wave height,coastal slope and regional elevation.when i am putting the CVI formula in raster calculator it i

05-06-2019 04:51 AM
swarnimasingh
New Contributor

I am trying to calculate CVI(coastal vulnerability index)using 7 parameters. shoreline change rate,geomorphology,mean sea level rise, tidal range, wave height,coastal slope and regional elevation.when i am putting the CVI formula in raster calculator it is returning me values in highest=1#INF and Low : -1.79769e+308. before applying the formula i have reclassified my .img files also. vector files are converted and reclassified. also the output file given by raster calculator is not displaying on screen.

can anyone help . i dont understand where i am going wrong.coastline changes# CVI coastal erosion# vulnerability #raster calculator

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

any nodata aka null values in your rasters? and if so, are they constant throughout the area?

Any zero values that might be involved in a division?

Formula and raster descriptions might be useful for others to see as well.

0 Kudos
RayChilcote
Occasional Contributor

I second the thought to look for NoData (NULL, "", NaN, None) and zeros.

Are your rasters for the 7 inputs the same size?  Do they have a commonality or a method of relating one to another?  Or are you having one raster intersect another?  If they are of a common size and can be related, do the relationships/intersects and calculations outside ArcGIS and only pull in the result.

0 Kudos