ArcGIS Pro Indoor License

05-02-2019 03:13 AM
ImtiyazPasha
Occasional Contributor

HI,

Is ArcGIS Pro Indoor is included with an Esri Educational site license?

imtiyaz

12 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Yes

0 Kudos
ImtiyazPasha
Occasional Contributor

Dear Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we can download and install ArcGIS Indoor for Pro. but when we try to run the tool it shows "Tool is not licensed".

We have Esri Educational site license and we can't find ArcGIS Indoors options as shown in below video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEfc8U0zvuE

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

ArcGIS Indoor License comes in a separate license as per screenshot above. 

I would ask your Esri CRM if you are entitled with your current license agreement or if it has to be purchased separately.

0 Kudos
ImtiyazPasha
Occasional Contributor

@ Dan,

If ArcGIS Pro Indoor is included with Esri Educational Site License, Do we need to coordinate with our Esri CRM?

Imtiyaz

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Navigate to the  ArcGIS Indoors Website  where you can 'Talk to an expert'.  They can give you the answers you are looking for.  The regular cost of the extension is $0.07 (USD) per square foot of the indoor area you'd be working with.

That should just about do it....
JeffreyOwen1
New Contributor III

Joe Borgione‌ is correct on the current price of $0.07 per square foot (with a minimum of 800k sq/ft). They do offer a slight discount of $0.06 per square foot for education and then prices get cheaper as the size gets bigger (I think it was down to $0.03 once you get over 10 million sq feet). But I was very surprised by this pricing model, personally, as it seems odd to have to pay more based on the size of coverage (imagine paying for ArcMap/Pro based on the extent of data you want to use). Seeing these numbers I can't imagine it being in reach for many institutions, but who knows, maybe some places have bigger budgets than we do. 

Do you guys think this product is worth that much?

BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Why is the pricing for ArcGIS Indoors per square foot?

This is like charging per point, line or polygon, image, etc.

We could keep the square footage down by going back to drawing at Architectural scales (1:1, 1:1/2, 1:1/4, 1:1/8, 1:1/16,...1:3/32)

Human Brain WebGIS

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Why is the pricing for ArcGIS Indoors per square foot?  Perhaps if you attend the UC in July you could ask Jack D.....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JeffreyOwen1
New Contributor III

They have updated the pricing to be much cheaper than the $0.03 - $0.07/sq ft. My understanding is that there are three levels of licensing (still unfortunately based on sq/ft) but the price per ft/sq is a fraction of what it was before. I am not sure if this new pricing model will "stick" so I won't publish numbers, but I do think that they are adjusting based on feedback. That said, if anyone can get a word in with Jack then they should definitely plug the need for Indoors on the educational side!

0 Kudos