Arcgis 10.0 web app in js

04-27-2019 12:19 AM
SuhailSalim
New Contributor II

I am planning to develop a webapp for arcgis 10.0 in javascript. the old application is in xml ..i.e. flex .. any help ? dont know where to start!!

Tags (1)
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Suhail,

FYI, ArcGIS Server 10.0 was retired on Jan 1, 2016.

Esri Support ArcGIS Server 10 

I strongly recommend that you upgrade your ArcGIS Server site to a more recent, or at least supported, release.

FYI 2, the internal architecture of ArcGIS Server was completely changed with the ArcGIS Server 10.1 release. Its internals are completely different than the 10.0 release.

I provide this as context, because I'm not even sure if the recent ArcGIS API for JavaScript releases will even work with ArcGIS Server 10.0 web services.

To learn about developing with the ArcGIS API for JavaScript, I would start here,

ArcGIS for Developers 

Code Samples: Sample Code | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.11 

Hope this helps,

suhailsalim1
New Contributor

Thanks, Derek, anyways what if I develop a web app in a 10.6,  will it run in 10.0.?

-The web app is used locally, (locally hosted)

-the main functions of the application are to view, search and print details of the water meters, flow meters, etc. There is no editing feature in it. 

So will it work?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Suhail,

> ... what if I develop a web app in a 10.6,  will it run in 10.0.?

I'm not sure what you mean by the statement above. What do you mean "develop a web app in 10.6"? Do you mean with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6? Like using a configurable app template or Web AppBuilder embedded in Portal for ArcGIS?

> ... So will it work?

I can't say, as I haven't personally tested this configuration. Sorry. As I said previously, I strongly recommend that you upgrade your ArcGIS Server site to a more recent, or at least supported, release.

Hope this helps,