Rules packages database

04-29-2019 09:03 AM
Davide445
New Contributor

Hello all

Working on a project where is needed to simulate real estate buildings, from various locations in the world and different types.

Not a CityEngine expert, I normally prototype for planning purpose - to define tools, budget, skills - in this case various parts of a 3D pipeline, from mesh editing, optimization, UV mapping, texturing and materials creation, animation, realtime rendering, VFX and also procedural generation if needed.

We can either search for real world projects doing statistics about geometry and materials, or find someone that already have done this work.

I know rules packages can synthetize many information belonging a certain location, his construction rules, style, materials etc.

Want to ask if there is any database that group this rules packages, or any source where we can infer these rules from for various geographic areas.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

None that I am aware of but I could help you create one if you'd like.

Davide445
New Contributor

My idea was to access a synthetic knowledge about many projects around the G-20 world, so to avoid a long process to in fact distill these rules.

But being in a discovery phase will be interesting to exchange knowledge on the topic, maybe there is an efficient process in doing so.

0 Kudos
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately there aren't any libraries. There are some out of the box rules to generate buildings from footprints but they aren't of any specific vernacular. I think you'd be surprised with how quickly the rules could be written - but it also sounds like you need some research done. I'd be interested in helping out if you need it.

0 Kudos