Feature Count returning incorrect value in Attribute Table (and associated problems)

04-17-2019 10:23 AM
ShelbySouthworth1
New Contributor III

I recently upgraded to ArcGIS 10.7 but I have been experiencing an odd issue ever since - this is the first time it has become really annoying/ problematic. I work for a water company, and I have a point layer with system valves in it that I am working on. When I open the attribute table it will claim to know 9679 Valves, but as soon as I sort it by the 'ValveID' field, the total number of records reduced to 5316. If I "Select all" on this layer, it then creates an improper fraction, saying that 9679 out of 5316 records have been selected. If I zoom to a Valve that has an ID number missing from those 5316 records, I can click on it and see the feature/ values the attribute table thinks doesn't exist.

Has anyone else run into this and been able to correct it? Right now it is a pain in the butt because if you look in the red box of the document I've attached, I cannot uncover what the next ID number should be in the sequence.

2 Replies
AshtanRodgers
New Contributor III

I have been having this issue for a while too. I am creating a new file and my points are on the map but only roughly half are in the attribute table. I can select an area on the map in a way I know selects them all and as long as my attribute table is set to show selected it will show 14 of 7 for instance. I can usually manage with a smaller file but when you get into numbers like you have or if you don't know that there are features missing, its detrimental .

I have searched on GeoNet before too but have yet to find an answer. It doesn't seem to matter if I am using a shapefile or file geodatabase and it has happened on file that I have received not just the ones I created. Sorry, none of this is really helpful to you but hopefully additional information will help someone provide a solution of something we haven't tried.

KarinaLivingston
Occasional Contributor

I've been experiencing the same sort of behavior in 10.6.

0 Kudos