Add off panel widget to Portal WAB?

04-17-2019 07:44 AM
TimDine
Occasional Contributor II

I've built my off panel widget (A custom splash screen) and it's working great in the developer edition.  I've also added it to a ArcGIS Portal installation by including the widget in:

Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappviewer\widgets

and

Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappbuilder\widgets

This appears to be working and I can create new applications with the new widget.  Existing sites it doesn't appear as configurable in the Portal WAB (until after you modify the JSON of the item manually).

If I add my widget to Portal using the normal method of putting the custom widgets in a shared virtual directory and adding them as an 'app extension' they seem to only behave as on panel widgets.  http://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/10.5/use/add-custom-widgets.htm

Is this true or is this shared virtual directory supposed to work with off panel widgets too.  I thought I read somewhere it isn't supported.

Other than being unsupported has anyone else used the method of pasting in a custom widget into the folders listed above?  What is the gotcha that is being missed using this method?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

@TimDine did you got this working somehow?

I have similar problems, I have a couple of custom widgets that is supposed to be On-Screen widgets. It works in Developer version, but when adding them to portal I can't configure them to not be opened by a button.

I have been able to edit the web app config using AGOL-Assistant to set the closeable-property to false and set the position where I want. This acutally worked but I want the benefits of easy configuration with the Web AppBuilder in Portal. Editing a json-file with thousands lines in AGOL-Assistant isn't easy and it's really slow.

0 Kudos