AnsweredAssumed Answered

incident not closing all the time

Question asked by BLomas on Apr 16, 2019

Hello all,

We have avl units in our police cars and they are successfully coming in and out of geoevent. We also have geofences setup in geoevent which represent our police districts. What I'm trying to figure out is how to setup an incident detector to calculate the duration for each car in each district. For the most part, I can get this to work but sometimes the incident does not end properly and causing a duplicate "ongoing" in the "status" field which never closes. My fear is that these "ongoing" event will start to chew up a lot of memory. I've tried various opening and closing conditions but nothing seems to work cleanly. I believe the problem lies in the closing condition. Below are just a few things I have tried with no success. I have also attached a snippet of the output table.

I have also tried filling in a field with the geofence name on the input and monitor it with an incident detector. This works as well but you end up with the same issue as above. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

OpeningClosing
GEOMETRY INSIDE ANY Police/.*GEOMETRY EXIT ANY Police/.*
GEOMETRY INSIDE ANY Police/Police 1GEOMETRY EXIT ANY Police/Police 1
GEOMETRY INSIDE ANY Police/Police 1NOT(GEOMETRY INSIDE ANY Police/Police 1)

*severity = notification, incident_type = cumulative

Geoevent 10.61

Windows 2012 server

Attachments

Outcomes