How to add a map to Powerpoint?

04-16-2019 06:51 AM
AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello ArcGIS Maps for Office‌ team

This might be an incredibly simple question but I've already wasted 10mins on it and been unable to find any documentation or videos online to help me understand how I move beyond selecting the map I want in Powerpoint, to actually adding it. I'm completely stuck on this screen with no means to move forward:

Tags (1)
4 Replies
ShannonChavez
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning Andrew, 

Thank you for reaching out! I'd be happy to offer assistance!

Without any additional background or knowing your exact workflow at this time, I believe what I am seeing in the above screenshot is an image you captured from Excel (and Maps for Office) by selecting the 'Create Slide' option: 

From here ArcGIS Maps for Office opens Microsoft PowerPoint and creates a slide containing the map image. You can resize and position the map image as you would any other image on a slide. The image contains only a representation of the map as it appears in ArcGIS Maps for Office; it does not include the map title, border, toolbar, layer cards, or navigation controls. Therefore, I think if you go back to Excel and add your content from online into the map and select 'Create slide' you should see a new image of the content you originally wanted. 

Please Note:

The map contained in the slide is a static image and is no longer interactive as it was in Excel; that is, you can no longer pan or zoom. To create a dynamic map slide—a map with which you can interact during a PowerPoint presentation—see Add a dynamic map to a PowerPoint slide and Create a PowerPoint map slide from Excel for further steps.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best, 

Shannon | Product Engineer

0 Kudos
AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Shannon Chavez

The issue was that the plugin wasn't working correctly and showing me the "next" button. I was totally stuck until I removed it and reinstalled it. 

As feedback I'd recommend offering up other layout options, including a resizeable map if possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
shildebrand
Occasional Contributor

I would also love to see the ability to import other arcgis online applications such as applications created using the web app builder and operations dashboard.

Thanks,

ShannonChavez
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the idea Samuel! 

0 Kudos