Permanent ArcGIS Desktop license stopped working

Jump to solution
04-16-2019 04:30 AM
khalidmwakoba
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I have a perpetual/permanent ArcGIS desktop licence under the SCGIS conservation program which worked for few months before it recently stopped working. When I try to launch it I get the message which says 'my license is in need of a repair operation, access the ArcGIS administrator to repair your licences'. All the extensions show they are still up to date and I don't see an option of repairing it on the administrator though I unsuccessfully did try to repair it through uninstall> repair. While I was on the ArcGIS administrator I could see that the authorization status of the desktop is "untrusted" and not 'yes' like the extensions. My customer number is 575586. 

Thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Christopher28
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

you can optionally delete the trust storage and reset and reauthorize the license via myesri and the function "Restore lost license".

How To: Clear or delete trusted storage for concurrent-use and single-use licenses 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
TimCraig
Esri Contributor

Hi Dan - That change isn't being applied until 9 PM this evening. 
Also, that update won't affect licensing. 

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Ahhh … I new it was today somewhere yesterday so I wasn't sure if it was local time rollout or Redlands

Ruled one issue out at least

0 Kudos
khalidmwakoba
New Contributor II

It stopped working couple of weeks ago and not yesterday 

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi, 

What software version do you have? Have you recently updated the operating system?

Melita

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

If you're on 10.3.1, and upgraded to Windows 10, check out this technical article: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000013232

khalidmwakoba
New Contributor II

Hi, I use 10.6 on windows 7 professional and i have never updated it before.

0 Kudos
Christopher28
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

you can optionally delete the trust storage and reset and reauthorize the license via myesri and the function "Restore lost license".

How To: Clear or delete trusted storage for concurrent-use and single-use licenses 

khalidmwakoba
New Contributor II

Hi,

After following the article it worked out without any problem.

Thanks