Composite check to find where a point feature is not intersecting (touching) either feature class A OR feature class B

04-12-2019 09:21 AM
ChrisZemp
New Contributor II

Hi there, seem to be having trouble with the composite check(s).

What check do I need to use to identify where point features are not intersecting one of two feature classes?

For example:

I have water line fittings as a point feature class.

I want to make sure all fittings are placed on (e.g. intersecting) EITHER our lateral lines feature class OR our main lines feature class.

I've tried using a composite check to create two geometry on geometry checks:

1.) Identify fittings not intersecting main lines.

2.) Identify fittings not intersecting lateral lines.

It is clear that the fitting I am testing is connected to the water lines in our geometric network, as the fitting is functioning as a node (e.g. I can click on the fitting in edit mode and click and drag it, causing the water lines it is connected with to drag with it). Yet this fitting keeps getting flagged in the reviewer table.

This isn't working. Is there something I am missing? How do I make my composite check into an OR condition?

Thanks for any help or advice.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

Your configuration of composite check should provide you the right result you are expecting. I tested  with latest version of ArcMap 10.7 but I am not able to reproduce this issue, 

Can you please confirm your ArcGIS Product version and I would really appreciate if you can share a small sample of your data with a reproducible scenario.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos
ChrisZemp
New Contributor II

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the reply. Attached please find some test data.

I have included 3 different scenarios for intersection of fittings on our water lines and lateral lines:

1. Fittings that intersect only main lines

2. Fittings that intersect only lateral lines

3. Fittings that intersect both lateral and main lines

To clarify, the rule I am trying to establish within data reviewer is to identify fittings that are NOT intersecting either lateral lines OR main lines.

The composite check I have now identifies fittings not intersecting lateral lines AND main lines. For example, if a fitting is only on a main line, then it is flagging that as an error and committing a new record to the data reviewer table. I want to identify fittings that are not intersecting any of our water lines (both lateral lines and main lines), e.g. I want to identify a fitting not placed on a water line as an error.

If you want to do a screen-share session, let me know. It may be beneficial for both of us. I will be available all day (8-4:30 PM PST).

Thank you,

0 Kudos
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

I tested with your data using latest ArcMap and I am not able to reproduce this issue. Please find my testing steps in the attached video. I would suggest contacting Esri Technical Support, so that they can troubleshoot why this is not working at your end.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos
ChrisZemp
New Contributor II

Hi Kumar,

Thank you for the video. I just re-created the check and it is working, just like you showed. I’m not sure what I was doing before to get it to not work the way I intended.

Appreciate your help, go ahead and close this ticket if you could.

Thank you,

0 Kudos