If I have a dataset of locations where the phenomenon I am trying to model exists with associated features, how can I use that to create a null feature class of the phenomenon? 

04-09-2019 08:58 AM
EbrarMohammad
New Contributor II

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am trying to pinpoint locations which drugs and other things are trafficked. I have a dataset including latlong locations and other features such as governance indicators for the countries they are located in, distance to borders, etc. I am now trying to create a null feature class (locations which are not spatially likely to enable insecurity flows) through either iso cluster or maximum likelihood cluster, but I am not sure how to go about this or if perhaps there is a better way to do this. 

Additionally, the eventual goal is to use OLS to create some sort of model (equation) for the phenomenon. Should this null feature class be included?

I would really appreciate any ideas!!

-Abby

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EbrarMohammad
New Contributor II

Additionally, how can I model "existence"? e.g. How can I make the dependent variable the location (which I have as latitude and longitude, not a single value)?

0 Kudos