ArcPro Indoors Add-in

Jump to solution
04-08-2019 10:23 AM
StephenGrassia3
New Contributor II

Every time I try to use a tool for the Indoor Toolbox, it says " This tool is not licensed". When looking downloading and installing ArcPro and Indoors, I didn't see anything related to a license for Indoors. Where would I get Indoors licensed? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stephen, 

Great Question. Indoors is not an add-on license because it seeks to ensure that the user has a complete software bundle tailored to server components and desktop extensions. For that reason, one needs to find out if they qualify for Indoors licensing and components. To find out if you qualify, please follow this link: https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-indoors. Once qualified and the ArcGIS Indoors Product Data and Licensing is purchased, you will have the ability to use Indoors geoprocessing tools and have your own Indoors Enterprise system. The reason Indoors is stringent and qualifies users is because it is a total software package that serves a couple of purposes (wayfinding, helping to manage assets, and maintenance management 3rd party integrations, like Tririga and Archibus). If I am student working for my university, it would be a great idea for me to connect with administration about licensing Indoors. Or say I am a GIS Analyst and I want to support my facilities with indoor mapping. I would want to reach out to people who can purchase this product just because of how much it costs. The ArcGIS Indoors team wants to ensure that this technology is being utilized for it's fully-maximized purpose and is here to help you in anyway possible.

I hope this helps. Please let me know!

Thanks,

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stephen, 

Great Question. Indoors is not an add-on license because it seeks to ensure that the user has a complete software bundle tailored to server components and desktop extensions. For that reason, one needs to find out if they qualify for Indoors licensing and components. To find out if you qualify, please follow this link: https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-indoors. Once qualified and the ArcGIS Indoors Product Data and Licensing is purchased, you will have the ability to use Indoors geoprocessing tools and have your own Indoors Enterprise system. The reason Indoors is stringent and qualifies users is because it is a total software package that serves a couple of purposes (wayfinding, helping to manage assets, and maintenance management 3rd party integrations, like Tririga and Archibus). If I am student working for my university, it would be a great idea for me to connect with administration about licensing Indoors. Or say I am a GIS Analyst and I want to support my facilities with indoor mapping. I would want to reach out to people who can purchase this product just because of how much it costs. The ArcGIS Indoors team wants to ensure that this technology is being utilized for it's fully-maximized purpose and is here to help you in anyway possible.

I hope this helps. Please let me know!

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
MelanieFournier1
New Contributor III

Hi Andy,

I was wondering the same about the license. A couple of months ago I downloaded some geotreatment tools for indoors that were available online. I still use them. We made a prototype for our campus. But now that the solution is released, I cannot find out if 1) the licence will fit in our budget (and it seems that it is not yet available in Germany and Switzerland), 2) if it does, will all my data model change again? In terms of data preparation, will all my work be lost?

Thank you.

Mélanie

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Melanie,

Great Question. I suggest talking to your local Esri distributor about the licensing situation. The link below is a web map that shows geographical locations of Esri distributors across the world. Clicking on the point in your general location can pull up contact information

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9b80430ed5aa45eba66232c51d80ad84 

They can help you understand pricing and getting you the full indoors licensing package. 

For your model, It would need to be analyzed further. If you have CAD that has been converted through

the ArcGIS Indoors Information Model, I think you cut out a couple steps of having to stand-up it up in

the indoors web and mobile environment. If the indoors schema was not used in the prototype, it must go through the Indoors information model. Just wondering, how are you displaying your current prototype?

Best,

Andy 

MelanieFournier1
New Contributor III

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I talked to the local esri folks here and I didn't get a satisfactory answer. GeoNet was more useful.

The CAD was already in a GIS format, and I added/modified the fields that were necessary to get the tools from the original zip file to work (like the different floor, building ID, rotation angle, space point etc.). It worked very well. Everything has been published as multipatch on our portal. It is only web for now. We did not try to put the multipatch in an app. I did not go that far, and I was waiting for the full solution to be available, see if I would have more work/changes to do.

Cheers,

Mélanie

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Melanie,

I would wait to get ArcGIS Pro for Indoors to run all necessary geoprocessing tools. You have the data ready to go, so all you will need to do is create an Indoors database in catalog in Pro and use the indoors schema generated from that creation. Then, you can run all the indoors processing tools in sequential order to get to the step of where you can publish your webmap. Once you have a licensed indoors portal, you will be able to publish the entire webmap and use the indoors template, which will be under the create Web App tab. 

Sounds like you made great strides! Super happy for you!

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos