Cannot add Rasters to Mosaic Dataset

Jump to solution
04-04-2019 08:22 AM
DaleShearer
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Here goes, I created a Mosaic Dataset, added Rasters (the .tif files) ran Build Overviews and it stitched the rasters together and I could see the stitched together image.  I ran Add Rasters To Mosaic Dataset with more tif raster files and it came up with the little yellow triangle and error message.  I went to the results I did not see any error message , but the raster dataset that I just did the Build Overviews on was not displaying any image.

And..if I go to rerun Add Rasters To Mosaic Dataset, when I go to the folder where the rasters are located they do not show up (they are still there).

I have my Mosaic Dataset selected.

I have Raster Type as Raster Dataset.

Input Data is Workspace

When I go the folder the rasters (.tifs) are in they are not displayed, if I go to ArcCatalog I can see them.

I have tried this through ArcToolBox and ArcCatalog.

I deleted the geodatabase, created a new one, created a new raster database and I still cannot see the rasters.

I used the following tutorial  to verify the steps I was doing (I used different database names etc.) and the raster dataset was created and appeared in my Table of Contents. 

Restarted my machine, opened a new ArcMap session, even tried to use a co-workers machine to try to add the rasters to the Mosaic Dataset, they still do not appear when using the tools.

Thank you for reading my question, Dale

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

You only need to path to the folder not the *.tif files themselves. Did you try this?

• Workspace—Allows you to select a folder containing multiple raster datasets. The folder can contain subfolders.This is affected by the Include Sub Folders and Input Data Filter parameters.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DaleShearer
Occasional Contributor

It would of helped if I would of added the tutorial I used (with different names for the datasets)

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/raster-and-images/ex-1-creating-a-mosaic-datase...

0 Kudos
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

You only need to path to the folder not the *.tif files themselves. Did you try this?

• Workspace—Allows you to select a folder containing multiple raster datasets. The folder can contain subfolders.This is affected by the Include Sub Folders and Input Data Filter parameters.
0 Kudos
DaleShearer
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much John,

I put the .tif files that I wanted to add in a new folder and then selected that folder as the Input Data and now I have a Mosaic Dataset.

I am putting together some old aerial photos and it joined/merged/stitched them very well.

Thank you for the help, it is greatly appreciated.  Dale,