Will identify as a task ever come back to the 100+ versions?

04-03-2019 02:25 PM
BrandonLand
New Contributor III

We have a huge app that uses a dynamic map service as the query task, which doesn't match the layers shown on the map (which are tiled layers).   It gave us enormous control over exactly what layers are identified across within that service.   Making us identify across operational layers is going to be very obtrusive.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brandon Land,

I'm a little confused by your mention of "query task" in your question, having mentioned "identify task", but assuming you mean "identify"…

There's no plan at present to bring it back, although we are investigating ways to improve identify for Map Image Services.

In the meantime you could try a couple of things…

If you create an instance of AGSArcGISMapImageLayer‌ pointing at your service, you should be able to pass that to AGSMapView.identifyLayer...() to get the results you're after (for best results, you might want to hold on to an instance of the layer and explicitly load it ahead of time). I haven't tested this, but I don't think you even need to add it to the map view if calling one of the identify methods that explicitly specifies a layer. I believe you could furthermore modify the mapImageSublayers array to determine which layers are included in the identify (note there's a resetSublayers() method to set things back).

An alternative might be to iterate over the sublayers and if there's a "table" property set and call queryFeatures() on each table of interest. I know that's not an ideal solution, but should work.

Hope this helps.

Nick.

0 Kudos