AnsweredAssumed Answered

Network Dataset not able to solve routes

Question asked by jdeloretta_rettew on Apr 2, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2019 by jsandhu-esristaff

Hi,  I'm new to network analyst and cannot for the life of me figure this out.  I am trying to solve some routes.  I have all the stops digitized and attributed with time, stop number, and route ID's.  I created a network dataset using Esri's North America Detailed Streets and was able to load my stop locations and solve all the routes with no issues.  

For my analysis I need to use a different road base so the calculated routes use that geometry instead of Esri's.  Here's a link to the road network in question if you are interested:  ftp://gis.transportation.wv.gov/WVDOT_Transportation_GIS_Data/Dominant_Routes_District_06.zip 

After creating a network dataset from the layer above, I cannot solve for any of the routes. The only time I can see some results are if I move two stops right next to each other on the same line segment not separated by any junctions.  I have tried connections with all vertices and only endpoints. The dataset does not have any directionality attributes-i.e. Oneway or FT-TF, etc. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I need to check or include? Any information would be greatly appreciated as I haven't had much luck with the google.

Outcomes