Authorizing ESRI software in DMZ environment

04-02-2019 08:59 AM
OscarBarrera1
New Contributor II

I have deployed an ArcGIS server in a DMZ environment and I am having problems authorizing the software using the software authorization wizard. The wizard goes thru four steps:

1. Connecting to ESRI.

2. Uploading the wizard-collected information

3. Authorizing the software.

4. Sending back software authorization file.

The process fails in step four:

I use the same method to authorize software for deployments not in the DMZ without a problem.

I am assuming that the perimeter firewall at the DMZ is blocking the incoming software authorization file.

Does anyone know what ports are used during the software authorization process?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The closest thing I found to that was how to configure the ArcGIS License Manager to work through a firewall. I'll place a link to that in the following:

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

If you can't authorize due to security settings in your DMZ, you'll need to select I have installed my software and need to authorize it.  Then you'll select: Authorize at Esri's website or by email to receive your authorization file.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/install/windows/authorize-arcgis-server.htm 

This will allow you to authorize the server.

The other option would be to work with your IT department and white-list Esri's domains in the DMZ. 

Jacob is a Sr. Solution Architect for Esri Professional Services and loves conservation planning, woodworking, LEGO, and his dogs.
0 Kudos