HELP PLEASE - Arc10 Geoprocessing tools do not work!

02-28-2011 10:09 AM
TrevinMuscat
New Contributor
RESOLVED!!! FYI if anyone else experiences same/similar errors:

I Opened a ticket with ESRI support - It seems the issue arrises from having Firefox as your default browser (and not IE). "I think the MdDlgContent.htm file gets opened with an MSXML Parser. I imagine that the software couldn't find a Parser plug-in compatible with Firefox."

Hello,

I am having a very strange issue with my ArcMAP 10. None of my Geoprocessing tools are working correctly... whenever I go to geoprocessing and pick a drop down tool (clip, merge, intersect etc), I get a dialogue box that pops up and seems to be attempting to launch a web browser... Please see the screenshot below.

My machine is running XP SP3, and I cleanly installed ArcGIS 10 (removed previous 9.3 version). I have installed the SP1 crack for Arc10 as well. Also - if I navigate to my C:\ and find the program files and the subsequent toolbox folder (C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes) I do have all the .tbx tools present, and they are all associated with the ArcGIS file handler...

I am about to open a ticket with ESRI for support but wanted to also check the threads for help/support/suggestions/similar occurrences - any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]' />
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PamelaAnderson
New Contributor
Is the only way to solve this problem to make IE your default browser? I have tried making IE my default browser and I still get the same download boxes. Is there a plug-in for IE and/or Firefox that I am missing?

I am running Windows 7 - 64bit and ArcGIS 10.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
MMeland
New Contributor
One of our users experienced this issue in Windows 7 64 bit.  It happened to other users who logged into the system also so it wasn't a profile issue.  After trying numerous steps from other posts and this post we finally installed IE9 and that resolved the issue.  The one thing we didn't try was to Reset Internet Explorer Settings prior to the IE9 install so I'd be curious if that solves anything.  We were ready to rework the system if this hadn't worked.
0 Kudos