Downloading Maps in Collector app

03-29-2019 03:05 AM
FionaMelville
New Contributor II

Hello,

When trying to download a map onto my ipad using Collector I receive an error message "exporting data for layer 0 failed" I have checked my settings in My Content Arc GIS online  for both the map and the editable feature layer Excel spreadsheet, ensuring Sync, editing and sharing are enabled. But I still cannot download/replicate map to device. I cleared all redundant maps from My Content and have not had this issue before. The technical help on replication is very technical and I find it hard to follow! Many thanks in anticipation of help from forum.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Fiona,

Can you tell us more about the contents of the web map? Are the layers simple hosted feature layers or does it contain hosted feature layer views or other special layers?

-Josh

0 Kudos
FionaMelville
New Contributor II

Hi Josh,

It is an excel spreadsheet containing column headings only. No drop down options as yet. The only difference is that originally I prepared a form using ArcGIS desktop and published as a hosted feature. I was able to add domains allowing me to have a pick list for each column. However, this time I added item in arc gis online to my content and then added this with full editing rights to a new map created in ArcGIS online.

Many thanks for getting back to me.

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
FionaMelville
New Contributor II

Ps I don’t think there are any special layers...

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
FionaMelville
New Contributor II

Hi Josh

I uploaded as a cvs file rather than excel and webmap downloaded onto iPad...although ArcGIS online webmap viewer warned the layer / spreadsheet had not drawn completely but I can see all the columns in collector. So will wait to see how much more hair pulling ensues......

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
FionaMelville
New Contributor II

I now cannot access the layers settings in arcgis online as there :is an error" losing the will.......

0 Kudos