Re: BUG-000108852 - Definition query validation incorrectly states no records were returned.

03-28-2019 06:02 PM
KarlW
by
New Contributor III

Re: BUG-000108852 - Definition query validation incorrectly states no records were returned.

AGP 2.3.2 does not fix the issue where the Definition Query builder marks syntax that returns no records as invalid and will not allow you proceed.

Kory Kramer

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Karl!

I took a quick review of the bug in question, [BUG-000108852 - Definition query validation incorrectly states no records were returned]. The instructions of the bug mention a dataset that we don't have in Support. Development likely had it when they addressed the issue, or were able to reproduce the issue with another dataset. However, I'm having trouble reproducing this with my own dataset.

Do you have a dataset you can reproduce the issue on, and are you able to provide it? If not, I can keep fiddling around to see if I can pin this down, though getting a dataset directly from you may be quicker.

Let me know! We're happy to investigate as long as we can reproduce the issue for you!

Best regards,

Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
KarlW
by
New Contributor III

Hi Rachel,

For more context and information, I was working with a Query Layer sourced from a View where the tables are hosted by a SQL Server Standard (64 bit) (Version 14.0.1000.169) DB running on Windows Server 2016 Standard (10.0).

Can supply a dump of the View to you if required.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Karl

0 Kudos
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Karl,

That'd be great! Or, alternatively, do you reproduce the issue when your data is exported to a file geodatabase? If yes, we can get a copy of that zipped up. If not, this could be something having to do with the RDBMS or views in particular.

You should be able to attach items to your post (use the Advanced Editor to see the Attach option). Alternatively, if you'd like to call in and create a support case, you can request it to be assigned to Rachel G in Support Services and I can assist on this issue with you directly. That way your data won't be posted publicly here on GeoNet.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Rachel

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services