Does ArcGIS Enterprise that comes with Indoors has full functionality?

03-24-2019 05:44 AM
NoamDavidson
New Contributor

Hello,

When you purchase ArcGIS Indoors you get ArcGIS Enterprise Advanced + ArcGIS Pro + Extensions.

1. Does the ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Pro has the same functionality as if I would purchase them not as part of the ArcGIS Indoors package?

2. Can I add Indoors functionality into an existing ArcGIS Enterprise? 

ArcGIS Indoors arcgis indoors‌ 

Regards,

Noam Davidson

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomSöderberg
Esri Contributor

Hi,

(1) & (2) to my understanding yes, because there is not any separate ArcGIS Enterprise for Indoors - and ArcGIS Indoors seems to be "just" a ArcGIS Pro extension/bundle with AIIM information model.

You need to have specific ArcGIS Enterprise version (Advanced) and additional server components like Data Interoperability etc. on the server side. There is mentioned that ArcGIS Indoors also includes ArcGIS GeoEvent Server (for device tracking) - so if you plan to use this against existing environment, I assume you need to have these components in addition to ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and Indoors ArcGIS Pro bundle.

Device locations can be logged to an ArcGIS Enterprise Feature Service or GeoEvent Server to allow visualization and analysis of device locations in Operations Dashboard, Web Maps, or any ArcGIS platform component that can consume a Feature Services or Stream Services.

BR,

-Tom

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ArcGIS Indoors is an organization capability, meaning that, when purchased, all users can use the ArcGIS Indoors apps, add-ins, and information model. This includes:

• ArcGIS Indoors for iOS
  • ArcGIS Indoors for Android
  • ArcGIS Indoors Web (Kiosk)
  • The ArcGIS Indoors add-in for ArcGIS Pro

ArcGIS Indoors also includes licensing for ArcGIS Platform components needed to power ArcGIS Indoors including (for use with ArcGIS Indoors workflows only):

• ArcGIS Pro
    • Network Analyst
    • 3D Analyst
    • Data Interoperability
    • Production Mapping (including Data Review)
  • ArcGIS Enterprise Advanced
  • GeoEvent Server
  • Survey123
    • Editor user types to support Survey123

If you wish to leverage all the licensing for the ArcGIS Platform components that comes with ArcGIS Indoors, these licenses must be deployed to a separate and dedicated portal. ArcGIS Indoors is one of the first products of its kind at Esri to be sold as a complete system, a complete indoor GIS. To leverage the value of all the included licensing, a separate portal is required.

If you wish to leverage your existing licenses for ArcGIS Platform components, to power the ArcGIS Indoors Web, Mobile, and ArcGIS Pro add-in, then you don’t need to deploy a separate portal to support the licensing.

Regards,

Greg

0 Kudos