Custom Application in Cascade Story Map

03-25-2019 07:10 AM
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

I have a hosted Cascade Story Map that has a custom application included in it. After the user interacts with the map inside the custom application, the story map doesn't seem to scroll any farther down unless the user is hovering over the map title or the popup box. Is there a way around this issue or is it a known problem?

Here's the link to the story map:

http://arcgis02.h-gac.com/development/BHR2019/index.html

The custom application is the Water Quality Summary map (bookmark WQ Summary Map).

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Michael -- Sorry you're having an issue with your Cascade story. However, I'm not seeing the situation you describe. I'm able to scroll up and down past that application. It does, however, take a bit of scrolling since you don't have any content in the narrative panel of that immersive section, so perhaps that is throwing you off? When there isn't any content added to an immersive section's floating panel there is a bit of "phantom scrolling" so that the immersive section does still lock into place for a bit.

If you don't want any floating panel with text over the app, maybe an immersive section is not the best option in your case? You could try adding the app as an inline piece of media and set the size to MEDIUM or LARGE and see how that works for your story.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
michael_vetter
Occasional Contributor

Owen,

Thanks for the reply. I'm able to scroll up and down past the application when I initially get the application, but when I click a linear feature and the popup box displays is when the scrolling becomes disabled unless I'm hovering over the title box.

Thanks again for looking into my problem.

0 Kudos