How to get 'seaborn' package inside Jupyter notebook after I successfully install the 'seaborn' package in ArcGIS pro 2.3.1?

Jump to solution
03-21-2019 11:22 PM
VaibhavSingh_ESRI_GIS
New Contributor III

When I try to install python packages like 'seaborn' through the package manager in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.1, I can successfully able to do so, but I couldn't able to use the same package through Jupyter notebook (getting error  ' No module - seaborn' message wherever i call seaborn inside Jupyter notebook. Why? ...is there anything am I missing here?

Any help?

I did clone an environment before adding a seaborn package. The only thing to me seems to be a problem that when I open Jupyter notebook it takes the same default environment (arcgispro-py3) instead of arcgispro-py3-clone1 where I have installed seaborn package.

Hope I have clearly explained my problem above, if not please ask for it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have to launch Jupyter from that environment where the clone is and Seaborn.

It sounds like you have Jupyter set up to launch in the esri environment.

You can either change into that environment using 'Manage environments' if you cloned within Pro, or by using conda or by running the proswap.bat file.

If you change environments through Pro, it is best to reboot it to make sure you are working in the clone ( a check will tell you)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have to launch Jupyter from that environment where the clone is and Seaborn.

It sounds like you have Jupyter set up to launch in the esri environment.

You can either change into that environment using 'Manage environments' if you cloned within Pro, or by using conda or by running the proswap.bat file.

If you change environments through Pro, it is best to reboot it to make sure you are working in the clone ( a check will tell you)

VaibhavSingh_ESRI_GIS
New Contributor III

Thanks!! It worked. 

Python Command Prompt - jupyter notebook.

0 Kudos