AnsweredAssumed Answered

What language is the "Opening Condition" for the Incident Detector written in?

Question asked by heathmanderson on Mar 19, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2019 by arepsher

I have ArcGIS Geoevent 10.6.1 and was wondering if there is a way to notify the administrator of a fail in the service.  I currently poll-in an xml weather service and update a feature service every hour with the new information.  The only problem is that after a couple of weeks the update a service portion seems to fail for some unknown reason.  The current fix is that I view the feature service in AGOL and if the time stamp isn't within a couple of hour of the current time, I have to log into Geoevent and restart the Update a Feature Service.  I also restart the xml poll to make sure the feature service is being updated with the latest weather information.

I would like to create a notification email so that when the update a feature service fails to write an output I will receive an email.  I have thought about a incident detector but i am unsure of how to format the opening condition.  I was going with the approach of if "${observationdate} < now().minusHour(2)"  create a Point in Time incident then send an email.  The only problem is that this doesn't work and i am not sure what language the conditional statement is written in, SQL, Java, Python?

Does anyone have any thoughts for recommendations for my problem.  I don't really have time to check the feature service every day.

Outcomes