What is ideal way to export Area of Interest..

03-19-2019 05:47 AM
Girishchandra_Yendargaye
New Contributor III

I added some graphical overlays such as polygon,points with some as new operational layer to mapview..

Now I want to share it with somebody else...What is ideal way to load it again on other machine...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

There isn't a great way to serialize this information. If you want to serialize the data, you should be using Features, not Graphics. Graphics are designed for temporary display. This help doc explains this in detail - Features and graphics—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

Instead of Graphics, I'd suggest you use FeatureCollectionLayer. FeatureCollectionLayer is the view and the data comes from a FeatureCollection. The nice thing about this class is that it implements JsonSerializable, so once you create a FeatureCollection, you can call toJson, and send the JSON to someone else, then call fromJson and create a new FeatureCollection and give it to a FeatureCollectionLayer - FeatureCollection Class | ArcGIS for Developers  

0 Kudos
Girishchandra_Yendargaye
New Contributor III

Also can you please tell is it possible to use mingw compiler instead of

visual c++...

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

We require visual c++. If mingw is a requirement of yours, please email me at ldanzinger@esri.com with a business case. This should include your business name and as many project details as you can share. We don't have plans to support mingw at the moment, so this is dependent on feedback from the community.

0 Kudos