Failure to parse incoming JSON - Event Not Matched

Jump to solution
03-15-2019 07:56 AM
ChaseBarnard
New Contributor II

I'm attempting to read in a generic JSON array containing AVL data via UDP Socket.  The array is basically as follows:

{"id":7219,"p":4388,"d":"06802","u":102,"r":"F-E31","s":"R-I","x":0,"c":"","t":"2019-03-15T10:06:50","rack":0,"l":35.918,"g":-79.03748,"z":137,"h":81,"m":14,"a":5}

I continue to get an "Event Not Matched" warning followed by a "Failed to parse the incoming JSON" error for every incoming record.  It seems like the GeoEvent definition file is correct, but I must be missing something.  I've attached screenshots of the input connector configuration, the GeoEvent definition, and the error log.  Any suggestions?

Chase 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChaseBarnard
New Contributor II

I seem to have resolved the issue.  I went back to square one and recreated all the components.  The key was to leave the JSON Object Name: parameter blank on the input connector. Even though I was using what seemed to be a legitimate field, it was preventing GES from creating the initial auto-generated GeoDefinition file.  Once I did that, GeoEvent Server began processing records.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ChaseBarnard
New Contributor II

I seem to have resolved the issue.  I went back to square one and recreated all the components.  The key was to leave the JSON Object Name: parameter blank on the input connector. Even though I was using what seemed to be a legitimate field, it was preventing GES from creating the initial auto-generated GeoDefinition file.  Once I did that, GeoEvent Server began processing records.

BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting this and your answer Chase! Just helped me with the same issue!

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
0 Kudos
Nadiia_Matsiuk
New Contributor III

Hello!

I have a similar problem. Does anyone know why it's often get this strange error with JSON Object Name option? Maybe this is some kind of bug? Very interesting.

Thanks.

0 Kudos