Spam Emails After DevSummit

03-15-2019 07:55 AM
AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

Every year that I attend DevSummit, just after the conference week,  I start getting an array of IT-related Spam emails.  "Attend our webinar", "let's discuss your data loss contingency plan and etc." I am cautious in using my corporate email because my company has strict security policy,  so I can immediately notice the difference when I start getting these emails.  I wonder upon signing up for the conference,  my email gets shared with the vendors.  Any one experiencing the similar issue?  I asked the vendor where they obtained my e-mail address, and they go silent.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmyNiessen
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ahjung! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been inundated with spam! That's so annoying! We most definitely do not sell our users' emails to any vendors, but we wonder if perhaps you might have shared your contact information with a vendor when they scanned your badge. Could I ask you which vendors are sending you emails? We currently have you as unsubscribed from Esri emails and have not sent you any marketing material since you opted out 1/16.

0 Kudos
AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

Amy, thanks for confirming that Esri did not share my information.  I blocked most of them so can't tell which ones came to my inbox, but one of them replied and said they used DiscoverOrg's service.  

0 Kudos