Workforce assignments

03-13-2019 11:36 AM
KerrHewin
New Contributor II

Hello,

I would like to know if is is possible to autopopulate assignments that are created. Currently I use Survey123 to do data collection, I have added the layer generated from this to my dispatcher map. I then want to use Workforce to create assignments for the mobile workers based on these surveys. I see that the assignment when created prepopulates the location as the title of the pop up of my surveys layer; is it possible to prepopulate other information into the assignment? possibly the description field of the assignment could be filled with the other information from the pop up? (including pictures).

If this is not possible, I know that there is a link between Workforce and Survey123 which allows for the creation of new surveys at the assignment site via the app, could this be maneuvered to instead load the original survey that was used to create the assignment? (which would then load with all the previously collected information).

If that too is not possible, I see that there is an attachment field apart of the assignments, could the survey be somehow attached to the assignment?

Apart from this, I see that it is possible to pass information from workforce to Survey123 such as location and ID. Is it possible to pass the status of an assignment to a survey question?

If these are not currently possibly can you say if these capabilities are being worked on to be implemented and give a time frame?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kerr,

is it possible to prepopulate other information into the assignment? 

Not at this time, it is on our Roadmap but has not been assigned to a release.

If this is not possible, I know that there is a link between Workforce and Survey123 which allows for the creation of new surveys at the assignment site via the app, could this be maneuvered to instead load the original survey that was used to create the assignment? (which would then load with all the previously collected information).

This is not supported through the Workforce app and is not in our Roadmap to support as we have not seen enough requests to add this capability, since it would require substantial work to support.  This may be a good post to add to ArcGIS Ideas.

If that too is not possible, I see that there is an attachment field apart of the assignments, could the survey be somehow attached to the assignment?

Technically it's possible, assignments are just features in a feature service and support the same file types.

Apart from this, I see that it is possible to pass information from workforce to Survey123 such as location and ID. Is it possible to pass the status of an assignment to a survey question?

It is not possible to specify this in the Workforce web app, but it is possible to edit the Workforce project json to pass this information to Survey123.  Since the status field is an integer with a coded value domain, the integer will be passed to Survey123.

Craig

KerrHewin
New Contributor II

Thanks once again Craig,

Could you provide any insight as to how I would go about attempting to edit the Workforce project json? I have used the ArcGIS online assistant before to edit the json of layers and dashboards, are you referring to a similar process? 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Kerr,

Yes, you could use the ago-assistant site to edit the json.  This isn't a supported workflow, so please aware of that.  

Craig