The crashes occur when Pro recalculates the geoprocessing cache, and then crashes without message. Here are some observations:
- No error message. Just hard shutdown
- I can't locate any error dump files. In fact, the folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports does not exist.
- I tried to reinstall - no changes. I also tried to install 2.2. In 2.2 it doesn't crash. As soon as I update to 2.3 again, the crashes come back.
- I tried to switch Rendering engine to OpenGL as suggested in other posts. It does not help.
- 2.3.1 update doesn't fix the issue.
I need some tools in 2.3, so sticking with 2.2 is not an option.