When I opened an existing project in ArcGIS Pro (2.2.4), I found that some data sources needed to be repaired.
Oddly enough, all of the features displayed correctly, but the attribute table would not display. Also, if an attribute table was open as the program was starting up, I received an error message saying "Failed to open table. Error: The database table was not found."
All are sources/connections are to a SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabase (versioned, running Enterprise 10.3.1).
I repaired the data sources, performed some editing, then saved and closed the project.
When I reopened the project, the data sources needed to be repaired again. It seems the sources will not save in the project.
I wondered if this was true for ArcMap (10.5.1) as well, so I opened a map document to see if the sources needed to be repaired there as well and found that they did not.
Others in my organization who are using ArcGIS Pro (2.3.1) are having the same issue.
We recently experienced some issues focused on replicating this database, but I am not connecting to the replication, only the versioned database. We are working to repair the replication issue. It may or may not be related.
If anyone has encountered and resolved a similar issue, it'd be great to hear from you.