How to pass required fields to hosted feature service from Survey123 connect?

03-06-2019 01:31 PM
JensenConnor1
New Contributor

I have the following use case using Survey 123 and Collector for ArcGIS:

I want to collect submissions from the public (using Survey123), once a submission is made it notifies our field workers that they need to inspect that submission (using Collector for ArcGIS). For workflow and reporting needs we want these in the same Hosted Feature Service. The issue I'm running into is that we have required fields that apply to the public form and required fields (hidden in survey123) that must be filled out by our field workers. When I publish from Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS the required fields work in the Survey123 but appear to be stored in the Form item and are not passed to the Hosted Feature Service associated with the survey. I'm unable to get the required fields to work when using Collector for ArcGIS without the nullable property being changed on the Feature Service. Is there anyway around this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jenson

This is the expected behavior. The required property for a question is stored in Survey123 form item only, not the feature service. Collector only looks at the feature service and does not read the form item.

Thanks

John